Skip to content
Brunch – the great Australian tradition. Fancier than plain old breakfast, but more casual than lunch, this mid-morning meal is the perfect occasion during the weekend to catch up with the girls over a croissant, and if you’re lucky even a mimosa or two.
However, while brunch provides us with the opportunity to criss-cross between the breakfast and lunch menus, its hybrid nature can cause stress in the wardrobe department. Here are our top five tips for nailing the perfect brunch outfit.
– one of the best things about going out to eat during the day is that there is no pressure to wear high heels! Whether they be chic leather slides or super on trend all-white Adidas Stan Smiths, a cool flat will ensure you never look overdressed.
– a stylish, tailored trench coat in a light colour will feel casual but polished at the same time. If your skin tone means you can’t do beige, pick up a dusty pink or dove grey colour.
– no woman ever went wrong with a classic, crisp white button up. There are more ways to wear a white shirt than there are Tim Tam flavours these days. It’s the ultimate plus one.
– an oversized jumper hides all manner of sins, especially if you plan on a big brunch! Go for one that is neutral, slouchy and sits just below the waist. The trick is to team it with skinny jeans to offset the slouch.
Get a denim skirt
– these are back in a big way, but they’ve changed since the pleated denim mini you rocked in 1996. Now they are tailored and sit just above the knee – and don’t be afraid to double denim!
AMP Capital Shopping Centres
© COPYRIGHT AMP CAPITAL SHOPPING CENTRES 2019. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Pop up subscription panel
Close Subscription Panel
Receive the latest news, offers and events
Which category best describes you?:
Entertainment & Dining